The Teachings of Poojya Sukhabodhananda
He was initiated into Sanyas at the age of 28 by Poojya Swami Dayananda who was his other guru. In 1982 Swamiji established the organization called PRASANNA TRUST and continued the work of spreading the message of Bhagavad Gita and Upanishads.
Realising that an interactive mode is more impactful than the discourse mode in transforming people’s lives, a four day dialogue oriented interactive workshop coupled with group dynamics and meditations was started in the name of “LIFE” ( Living in Freedom An Enquiry) in the year 1987. The impact was instantaneous. Participants danced out of joy. People felt richly empowered. This led to a series of similar programs tailor made to cater to different sections of people viz, youth, parents, teachers, corporate citizens, general public all based on the Gita and Upanishads but presented in a modern perspective. The Corporate world lapped up these programs and thus the nick name as CORPORATE GURU came about.
His talks on Gita, Upanishads, various workshops, and meditation retreats have transformed the lives of millions all over the world.
A MAN OF LETTERS
A prolific writer whose first book “MANASE RELAX PLEASE” in Tamil became a best seller which is said to have revolutionised Tamil literature for its simple and profound style appealing to all sections of people starting from a the most educated to the layman. This book has been translated in most of the Indian languages. From then on he has authored books in more than 112 titles in different languages and the process continues.
- In the year 1988 well before the slogan of save the girl child was publicised he started a Home for Homeless girl children in the name of PRASANNA JYOTHI more so because Girls are more oppressed compared to the boys .
- Nirguna Mandir a meditation centre was established in 1997 in Koramangala Bangalore which is a beehive of various activities both Transformative and Social service.
- Conducting free cataract operations for the needy,
- Providing artificial limbs and callipers to the handicapped people from impoverished background,
- Conducting blood donation camps,
- Providing free cardiac care including heart procedure for the poorest of the poor,
- Providing scholarships to students from economically weaker sections of society.
- Rotary Seva Ratna was awarded in recognition of his service to humanity at large
- Personal Excellence Award by Rotary International for impacting the lives of many
- Karnataka’s Best Social Service Award by Essel group and Zee Network
- The second Indian to be honoured at the prestigious Lotus Millionaires Intellectual Club at Manhattan, New York
- Swamiji was invited as a dignitary on 5 different panels at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
- Swamiji was a special invitee to the United Nations World Millennium Summit of Spiritual Leaders.
- Reva University, Bangalore has conferred Corporate Excellence Award for blending spirituality as a game changer in the Corporate World.
- “Times of India” in one of their poll on “who talks the best” places Swamiji as the one, who tops the list on all counts as the best speaker.
- Swamiji was invited as a ‘ Corporate Guru’ to deliver key note address on ‘Leadership & Change Management’ at GyanSangam as the star attraction at the finance ministry retreat which was attended by the Prime Minister, Finance Minister, The RBI Governor & Senior North Block officials, Chairmen &Directors of various nationalized banks and financial institutions to bring about banking reforms. It was termed as a great success and invited him again as a key note speaker in Gyan Sangam 2 for Bank CEO’s.